Speaking Michelangelo

Speaking Michelangelo

nedeľa 4. decembra 2011

The Real Feedback

How often do you do something and wish to be recognised? Your work appreciated?
Always! It doesn't really matter what you do or are doing: the dishes, vacuum cleaning, planting vegetables, cooking, learning a foreign language or drawing... You always wish the others to tell you that your work is good, worth the effort and time. That's human nature.
This is even more true when you do something you are really keen to master. Getting feedback about your foreign language skills from your students or even your colleagues is nice (or maybe even great)... Nevertheless, can you compare it to the empowering feeling when a native speaker tells you your English is great? This is what I call a boost! You suddenly feel so motivated! You know that all those years of speaking, reading and listening weren't wasted...
I'm trying to get better at drawing (and Italian too :-))... I work like many of you out there and in the rare periods of free time (when I'm not working, blogging, chatting with students or other coeliacs etc. you know, you name it... :-)) I'm trying to draw...
I share the pictures with other on Facebook to get feedback and I'm really pleased to hear the drawings are good, but there is the 'but', mentioned above. I know that it will take ages till someone professional someday tells me that my works are good. But this is not what I need at the moment... Surprised? Well, I want to be criticised. By those I admire. I want to be told what I am doing wrong. I know I can be stubborn sometimes, but I want to be shown the way. You do not have to push me! I'm diligent enough. Only tell me, show me, teach me, guide me. Tell me what's wrong, but do not forget to tell me how to make it all right...
Or let me watch you how you do it .................

Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára